Thursday, May 9

A Closer Look at the Forgemaster Blacksmith Model Double Burner Forge


I've used a few different forges in my time as a blacksmith.

When I was still running around the western U.S. fighting wildfires, I decided to get rid of my original NC Tool Co. Whisper Momma to free up space in my small car.

It was a sad day, but there are only so many ways you can pack a rectangular box of that size into a Volkswagen Jetta.

Anyway, fast-forward 3 years and I found myself back in my home state looking for blacksmithing equipment to get Brown County Forge up and running.

I looked at all the internet retailers of blacksmithing goods, comparing and checking prices, looking at shipping costs, etc.

I eventually landed on visiting a local farrier supply in Indianapolis who I had a hunch would have an anvil I was looking for.

They did. They also had the Forgemaster forge you'll get a closer look at in the video below.

It was freshly lined, freshly painted, and seemed to be waiting for me.

I hadn't gone to the farrier supply to pick up a forge, but I couldn't pass it up.

I hope you enjoy a closer look at the workhorse of my shop. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment