Thursday, April 25

Buying Anvils in 2019 - It's Easier Than You Think [Video]


Don't buy anvils on Craigslist.

Don't go to eBay.

You will pay a premium at both places and you don't have to.

There are plenty of reputable blacksmithing supply companies with good prices out there. You can get a great anvil for less than $300 (I have two $270 anvils that I use in my shop every day. No, they're not Harbor Freight).

In this video, I talk about buying anvils and what to look for. In an upcoming video on the DIY Blacksmithing Channel, I'll talk more about where to buy them.



Here's a quick list of places to buy reasonably priced anvils (I don't get paid for suggesting these, I just appreciate what they do):


It's also worth looking up local Farrier Supplies near you. They often carry good quality anvils. I picked up both of my NC Tool Company 70-pound anvils at Jackson's Farrier Supply in Indianapolis. 

They have both served me well for years. 

Enjoy the video and, as always, leave a comment here or send me questions at diyblacksmith@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment