Wednesday, April 24

Anvils I Like - A Blacksmith's Opinion [Video]


Over the years, I've had the good fortune to use a variety of different anvils:
I've enjoyed using them all.

When I opened up Brown County Forge in late 2015, I had a solid background to draw from before choosing the anvils I would have in the shop.

In true DIY Blacksmithing form, I weighed a few factors before I dropped any cash on this important piece of equipment.

I considered weight, horn shape, local availability, and, of course, price. 

After thinking about it for a couple of weeks and researching everything on CentaurForge.com, Blacksmithsdepot.com, and a few other sites, I ended up going to local farrier supply in Indianapolis: Jackson's Farrier Supply.  

From looking at their website, I knew they had NC Tool Company anvils in the size I wanted.

The big bonus of that day was picking up a used Forgemaster Double Burner they had sitting in the front office. 

It's the same forge and anvil combo I've been using for the past three and a half years. 

I liked the 70-pound NC Tool Company anvil so much, I went back 6 months later and got another one (which you'll see in this video).

So, this is just one blacksmith's opinion, but for the price, durability, and local availability (no shipping costs), I've been a big fan of NC Tool Company for years.



No comments:

Post a Comment